My Pear and Kiwi Kick

My picture is blurry, sorry, but I just had to post this super simple, super tasty salad I made the other day. It had been a long time since I had some arugula and I really was craving those greens. I had also been missing my baby spinach. I decided to combine the two and top it with a combo of pears and kiwi. For some reason pears and kiwi have been tasting really good to me, like REALLY good. I have been eating them quite a bit. A very simple dressing was in order, and here is how it all turned out: (NOTE- Right before I ate this salad I loaded it with a tall mountain of my home grown broccoli sprouts. I try to have broccoli sprouts everyday--they are so powerful against all things evil, evil cancer cells that is!!)

Fruited Arugula and Spinach

Arugula
Baby Spinach
1 Kiwi, sliced
1 Pear, sliced
Broccoli Sprouts
Plate the arugula and spinach. Lay the kiwi and pear slices on top. Add a large serving of your favorite sprouts. Drizzle with a simple sweet Dijon dressing.
Dressing:
Coconut Vinegar
First Cold Pressed EVOO
Dijon Mustard
Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Raw Honey--in liquid state
Raw Sesame Seeds
In a glass jar mix the dressing ingredients to your taste and shake well. Will keep several days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for kind words. A very sweet lady in our Raw Living Foods Group was kind enough to send me a note letting me know how much she enjoys my blog. Wasn't that a nice surprise! Thanks "L"!! :) Just the inspiration to keep me going even when I am dog tired and don't feel like I can keep up with posting and trying to get everything else done. It is a great outlet for me and I do enjoy making all of my raw food recipes. There's nothing better than RAW LIVING FOODS in my book!

Comments

kelli said…
looks great! i love pear and fruit on my salads.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining