RAW Pureed Squash

The other day I went to my favorite all organic market to stock up on sprouting seeds, buckwheat, kelp noodles and some fresh produce. I bought one small organic butternut squash and was determined to finally try squash raw. I have always adored squash but just didn't want to eat it cooked anymore since my diet now is almost 100% raw.
I searched for a recipe, found one, changed it, and here it is. It was really good but only try this one if you truly love squash. If you are not too fond of squash you won't love this like I did. So squash lovers, be prepared for a wonderful bowl full of sweet and "hot" yumminess.



Pureed Raw Butternut Squash



1 small organic butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
1 Deglet date, pitted
Sea Salt
Pepper
Raw orange blossom honey
Ground allspice
Ground cayenne (red pepper)
1/4 cup water
Handful of organic raisins (optional)


Put the cubed raw butternut squash and one pitted Deglet date in the food processor with the “s” blade. Add about 1/4 cup of filtered water.
Process (if your food processor has speeds, use high speed) the squash and water until completely pureed and smooth. It will take a few minutes and you will need to stop the processor a few times and scrape the sides.
When the squash is completely pureed and smooth, add salt and pepper to taste. Pulse to mix in S and P.
Spoon the squash into serving bowls. Drizzle just a small drizzle of raw orange blossom honey in a swirl in the center of the bowl on top of the squash puree. Next, sprinkle just a dash of ground allspice and just a dash of cayenne (red) pepper. I also added some organic raisins at the last minute!! Stir all together and ENJOY!


Serves 2.



~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for finding the right orthodontist for our daughter. Boy has it been a looong search. We went through a few bad experiences in order to find a great fit for us. I am so grateful that we can finally get her started with the treatment. Being in the dental field myself makes is tougher to find offices that meet my high expectations, but I do believe we have finally found one. Yipee!! :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining