Loving My Pummelos

Chinese Cabbage and Carrot Slaw

I am enjoying my pummelos so much right now that I had to figure out a way to incorporate one into a recipe using the organic Chinese Cabbage I have from this weeks produce pick up. I decided to make a very simple cabbage and carrot slaw dressed with one of my favorite raw dressings; it is more of a mustard vinaigrette. Topping the slaw is one large pummelo and a handful of dried cranberries (unsweetened but infused with apple juice). See how I peel these very seedy citrus fruits here.

Pummelo Cabbage and Carrot Slaw

1 Pummelo (or grapefruit) peeled and diced
1/4 of a Chinese Cabbage, shredded
2 small carrots, shredded
Handful of dried, unsweetened cranberries

Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
Organic Dijon mustard
Coconut vinegar
EVOO cold pressed
Fresh lime juice
Raw honey, warm gently to liquefy
Shake dressing ingredients in a glass jar with tight fitting lid.

To assemble the salad: Plate the cabbage, drizzle on some of the dressing. Top the cabbage with the carrots, pummelo and cranberries. Drizzle on more of the dressing. Enjoy!



~JMJ~ Today I am grateful for a break in the cold weather; I actually could take off my hoody in the house today. But it won't last long b/c our low tonight is going to be 38 degrees. I know I must sound like a wimp but that is cold for us in Florida! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining