Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Greens and Fruit

I know greens and fruit should not be mixed, according to the "Food Combining Police", but I mix them daily. I just cannot imagine not; how else would I make a green smoothie?
I put together a massive bowl of greens and topped it with some soaked raisins and a diced Pink Lady apple. The dressing couldn't be easier, the juice of 1 navel orange.

Greens and Fruit

by Elizabeth @rawlivingandlearning.blogspot.com

4 large leaves of organic romaine, sliced into thin ribbons
1/2 a bunch of organic parsley, fine chopped stems and all
2 Cups wild arugula, rough chop
1/2 Cup sunflower greens
1/2 Cup broccoli sprouts
1/4 Cup organic raisins, soaked for 20 min., rinse and drain
1 large organic Pink Lady apple, diced

Dressing: The juice of 1 navel orange
+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for  curve balls in life; they can make one accomplish the unimaginable.

3 comments:

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

that looks fabulous! I love the raisins!

Lisa G. said...

Gorgeous!

sonja said...

Looks really good! I love mixing greens and fruits, and I find the bloating due to bad food combining is so worth it.

Banana Cream Pie Smoothie Lately I've been blessed with fresh, green, Florida coconuts from my neighbor's trees. We enjoy drinking...