Fasting, Prayer, and Work DAY 4

Day 4 and my fast is going very well. This morning I was having flavored waters and teas but late afternoon I decided to begin juicing and drinking my infused water. ( I was forgetting to drink my water!!!)
 We also got our deep spring cleaning done! The boys helped me deep clean the entire house. We dusted and washed everything in sight. We organized, rearranged things, and even put aside donation items and some books to sell at our homeschool groups used book sale. I'm feeling very tired tonight but I sat down after the dinner cleanup and reflected on The Last Supper on this Holy Thursday, 2016. 

Jesus spoke extremely powerful words when He proclaimed, “take and eat for this is my body.”  And, “take and drink for this is my blood.”  Then he commanded the disciples “do this in memory of me."
It was at that moment that he gave us The Blessed Eucharist to be celebrated until the end of time. 
When trying to explain the Eucharist to the Roman Emperor around 155AD, St. Justin did not mince his words: “For we do not receive these things as common bread or common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior being incarnate by God’s word took flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food consecrated by the word of prayer which comes from him . . . is the flesh and blood of that incarnate Jesus.” 
How can Jesus give us his flesh to eat???? I really like the way Dr. Italy (Marcellino D'Ambrosio) explains it in this way: 

"Not many Christians questioned the real presence of Christ’s body and blood in the Eucharist till the middle ages.  In trying to explain how bread and wine are changed into the body and blood of Christ, several theologians went astray and needed to be corrected by Church authority.  Then St. Thomas Aquinas came along and offered an explanation that became classic.  In all change that we observe in this life, he teaches, appearances change, but deep down, the essence of a thing stays the same.  Example: if, in a fit of mid-life crisis, I traded my mini-van for a Ferrari, abandoned my wife and 5 kids to be beach bum, got tanned, bleached my hair blonde, spiked it, buffed up at the gym, and took a trip to the plastic surgeon, I’d look a lot different on the surface.  But for all my trouble, deep down I’d still substantially be the same ole guy as when I started."

"St. Thomas said the Eucharist is the one instance of change we encounter in this world that is exactly the opposite.  The appearances of bread and wine stay the same, but the very essence or substance of these realities, which can’t be viewed by a microscope, is totally transformed.  What was once bread and wine are now Christ’s body and blood.   A handy word was coined to describe this unique change.  Transformation of the “sub-stance”, what “stands-under” the surface, came to be called “transubstantiation.”

"What makes this happen?  The power of God’s Spirit and Word.  After praying for the Spirit to come (epiklesis), the priest, who stands in the place of Christ, repeats the words of the God-man: “This is my Body, This is my Blood.”   Sounds to me like Genesis 1: the mighty wind (read “Spirit”) whips over the surface of the water and God’s Word resounds. “Let there be light” and there was light.  It is no harder to believe in the Eucharist than to believe in Creation."

"But why did Jesus arrange for this transformation of bread and wine?  Because he intended another kind of transformation.  The bread and wine are transformed into the Body and Blood of Christ which are, in turn, meant to transform us.  Ever hear the phrase: “you are what you eat?”  The Lord desires us to be transformed from a motley crew of imperfect individuals into the Body of Christ, come to full stature."

"I ask you, how much more personal and intimate can you get?  We receive the Lord’s body into our physical body that we may become him whom we receive! It is this astounding gift that we remember and celebrate every Holy Thursday."

Now let's take a look at what I consumed today:

Upon rising I had the usual 12 ounces of purified water. Then I made a 10 oz Ayurvedic Liver Cleansing Tea.


I also had some warm ginger water--10 ounces



Late in the afternoon I juiced 3 ounces of fresh wheatgrass.


Early this morning I prepared a pitcher of cucumber, lemon, basil water and I had a 12 oz glass followed by a second 12 oz glass 30 minutes later. I was so busy with the house cleaning that I wasn't mindful of my water consumption earlier in the day.


I took a much needed rest from our cleaning and did a warm water enema immediately followed by a coffee enema. Also had some quiet time reading THE IMMITATION OF CHRIST.
Early evening I made 32 ounces of pineapple beet juice.




My final juice of the day was this delicious green juice made with cilantro, asparagus, cauliflower, lemon, and cucumber.



Reflections on today and things I noticed the past 2 days:
Last night my sleep was restless. I woke up two different times--not happy about that. I had hoped to get much needed rest last night. But when I finally woke up in the morning I had no problem jumping out of bed and starting my day. I also forgotten to mention in my last post that I've been experiencing a lot of post-nasal drip and a very slight runny nose. 

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for a day spent working and praying. Feeling very satisfied and extremely blessed--but tired! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining