Simple Herb Garden Pesto

Oil Free Pesto Sauce
Today I was in the mood for pesto. I had a perfect little organic zucchini waiting to be spiralized into some raw noodles and I have pots full of herbs right out the back door, on our upper deck. I put the two together and came up with the most delicious oil free pesto sauce. It is loaded with nutrition and enzymes. I love how each and every herb shined through in the finished product. With each bite I would taste a hint of the lemon balm, sunflower greens, oregano, parsley and basil. It was like an herb party in my mouth. I added the grape tomatoes for color and sprinkled on some black sesame seeds for contrast. After I took the final picture I threw on some of my homegrown fenugreek sprouts and a handful of raw sunflower seeds for a little crunch. Here is my recipe, hope you enjoy making it!

Oil Free Pesto Sauce (one serving)
by Elizabeth @ RAW Living and Learning

handful of organic sunflower greens
8 parsley leaves, flat leaf
4 lemon balm leaves
2 small bunches of basil
10 oregano leaves
1 small clove garlic
2 T Nutiva Hemp Seeds
1/2 of an organic mini sweet pepper
splash of water for blending
pinch of Himalayan salt
pinch of fresh ground black pepper (optional)
In a small personal size blender, blend all of the ingredients until relatively smooth. Pour over top of a spiralized organic zucchini. Garnish with grape tomatoes and black sesame seeds. Enjoy the simplicity!
*NOTE: I also topped mine with fenugreek sprouts and raw sunflower seeds at the last minute. Very delicious!!

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for my new herb garden. It brings me much joy. I eat my lunch out on the upper deck and pick herbs and dress my salads and other recipes with them right as I'm eating my meal. Occasionally a few of the younger kiddos come out and beg for a bite. Very cute! But a tad bit annoying. I never get to eat a meal in peace. It seems like someone is always hovering over my plate/bowl/glass. I'm not complaining, really.

Comments

HiHoRosie said…
Looks so wonderful, Elizabeth! And i bet made your kitchen smell heavenly! Can't wait to grow some basil.
Cynthia said…
Wow that's looks awesome. I wish I had your herbs.
I wish I was there for a hug too. C
Elizabeth said…
Thanks C I feel your hug!!
Peace,
E
Catherine said…
Oh, Elizabeth! I can't wait to try this tomorrow! I LOVE your recipes!
Debra said…
Looks awesome!!
Blessings, Debra
Raw Vegan Diet
Katie said…
The colors are so pretty! I can't imagine how delicious all those fresh herbs must have tasted.

It's so cool that your kids like what you eat.

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining