My First Post




~JMJ~







I am happy to start posting on my new blog. I should introduce myself first. I am a wife and a mother of five children. I home school all of my children for religious and academic reasons. I choose to eat a raw living food diet. I love raw food and how this living food makes me feel. I have been eating raw living foods since November, 2009. My goal is to consume foods as close as possible to the way they appear in nature, the way God created them to be. Here I will share my experiences with the raw food lifestyle and great recipes I make/create each day. I will share raw food recipes, my sprouting adventures, square foot gardening and container gardening, favorite raw food book titles, raw food products, kitchen appliances, and tools that have helped me with food preparation. From time-to-time I just might share some homeschooling thoughts, experiences, ideas, and tips. I will also take time to reflect back on my days and find all the ways I can experience gratitude. I will share one of the many things, each day that I am grateful for.



Today has just begun and I am already grateful that God has allowed me to wake up to a new day surrounded by my 5 beautiful blessings...my wonderful children. Also I am grateful for my sister-in-law whose wonderful blog inspired me to begin one myself. You know who you are hot mama!! (more about her later) I will share her blog site with you as well as her husbands'. My brother is an extremely talented man who designs and makes his own Teardrop Campers. (more on that later too.)



I am also grateful for my simple raw breakfast today:


+Several slices (about 8) of fresh, ripe, organic watermelon.


It had seeds, I don't eat the seedless variety anymore. I waited an hour before I had the rest of my breakfast because when eating any melons you should not eat anything else with them. For proper digestion melon needs to be eaten alone. Learned that this year! NEVER knew that before. For a great food combining chart look here:



http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/pdf/foodcombining.pdf
You can learn a great deal from this food combining chart. It will help you when beginning or improving your present raw food diet. If you experience various GI problems or bloating/gas when eating certain foods, perhaps it is the combination of foods you are consuming. I know what I personally can and cannot combine, so my recipes may show foods that should not realistically be combined, but they don't cause me problems with digestion, therefore I eat them together. Boy, how's that for a run-on sentence??!! You will have to adapt recipes to your individual situation and health.


Here is what I made about an hour after eating the watermelon.


Blueberry Cobbler w/ Banana Hemp Kream




  • 1 C soaked organic raw walnuts (soak overnight, rinse & drain, air dry)
  • 1 T pine nuts, soaked 1 hour
  • 1/4 C raw dried coconut

  • 5 Organic Deglet dates, cut up

  • pinch sea salt

  • 1 t organic vanilla extract

  • a pinch of cinnamon

  • 1 C fresh organic blueberries

  • 1 organic banana, cut up

  • 2 T nutiva organic shelled hemp seeds

  • fresh sunflower sprouts, to garnish

  • sprinkle w/ cinnamon


In a small food processor, process the walnuts, pine nuts, sea salt, cinnamon, dates, coconut, and vanilla. It should resemble course crumbs and begin to stick together. Press this mixture into a bowl, top w/ the blueberries. Now process the banana and Hemp Seeds. It will look like a thick cream. Drizzle this over the blueberries and garnish w/ a few fresh sunflower sprouts. Enjoy!







I soak all of my nuts, seeds, and even raisins. Soaking nuts and seeds gets rid of the enzyme inhibitors and makes them "come alive" so our bodies can properly digest them and benefit from all of their nutritional properties. You can find soaking guidelines online and also in many raw food books. I also sprouted my own sunflower sprouts. If anyone wants me to share my experience with those, just ask. I sprout mung beans, yellow peas, lentils, broccoli, red clover, quinoa, buckwheat, chia, and hard wheat berries. I made my first raw bread in my brand new dehydrator last week from sprouted hard wheat berries. It was great. I will post that next time. I hope to give you inspiration to begin sprouting yourself. It is the easiest raw living food to grow yourself and it grows right in your kitchen! How easy is that? A very simple way to start improving your health right away.



In another post I will also be sharing my book reviews for several titles I have purchased. Hopefully it will help you in deciding on a raw food recipe book.

+JMJ+ Today I am grateful for my sister-in-law, Cynthia, who led me to the wonderful world of blogging!

Comments

Cynthia said…
Wow great recipe can't wait to give it a try!

Your Sister in law sounds fantastic!!! Can't wait to see what she's up to! I bet she's gorgeous and funny too!!!

I look forward to your next entry!!!!

A raw foodie fan

Popular posts from this blog

Seed Yogurt

Raw Vegan Spring Rolls

Simplifying the Concept of Proper Food Combining